Банкеръ Weekly

Briefs

SOFIA CITIZENS HAVE A NEW BUS STATION WORTH BGN15MN

More than 300 coaches a day are expected to pass through the new bus station in the capital city, located near the Sofia Central Railway Station and facing the Princess Hotel. The facility was officially opened on Tuesday, May 8, by President Georgi Parvanov. The ceremony was attended by Deputy Premier and Minister of Transport Nikolay Vassilev, the Governor of Sofia Rossen Vladimirov, and the Chairman of the capital's Municipal Council Vladimir Kisyuov. Construction costs totalled some BGN15MN, provided as credits by United Bulgarian Bank (UBB) and Bulgarian Post Bank. The building was completed within 11 months. The area it spreads on is a contribution in kind by the Sofia Municipality to Central Bus Station Sofia AD, against which it acquired 25% of its shares. The remaining 75% stake is distributed in equal parts between Litex and Etap Address. The premises are located on 1,536 sq. m, and the total built-up area is 7,400 sq. m. The brand-new bus station is compliant with the European standards, President Parvanov said at the official opening on Tuesday. It is designed for service all in-country destinations and those abroad too. About 50-60 buses will leave for Bulgarian and foreign destinations every day.The bus station will operate non-stop, with security guards and permanent telephone lines available for the convenience of travellers. Owners plan to launch an Internet ticket-sale system till the end of this year.The carriers may use 57 booking offices for selling tickets, or they may against oa commission concede them for sale the Sofia Central Railway Station. The monthly fare for a booking office has been set at BGN1,200 (before VAT). And coaches will be paying BGN15 (before VAT) each time they leave the station. Interest towards the services offered by the new facility have so far been shown by 33 carriers. Currently the bus station is working with about 30 firms. At their disposal are 28 offices, each with four working desks, equipped with telephones and access to INTERNET as well. The first coach that left from the modern bus station at 22.30 hrs. on Tuesday evening departed from Sofia to Black Sea town of Kavarna.

Facebook logo
Бъдете с нас и във